About the Facility
This organization is one of the key staples of the Ocala Equestrian Industry. With multiple events each year drawing in the best in the thoroughbred racing industry, this organization is looking for a new member for their dynamic office team! This is a rare opportunity to join an exciting organization with tremendous room for movement and growth!
We are looking for a versatile and well-rounded administrative professional to join this small but mighty team in Ocala, FL! The ideal candidate will be willing to take on a variety of duties and roles throughout the year to accommodate the seasonal nature of this organization. Primary responsibilities will include processing and approving consignments, filing records, tracking activity and sales attendance, and assisting various members of the team as needed. This position requires a considerable amount of paperwork and a strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Spanish fluency is required for this role. Applicants must also possess a strong background in equine terminology, especially with respect to breeding. Racing industry knowledge can be trained, but would be highly favored from the beginning.
- Answering and fielding calls as needed
- Assisting with consignor and buyer inquiries
- Assessing and approving entries for sales
- Ensuring horse statistics/information is accurate
- Communicating with consignors to correct discrepancies in records or entries
- Assisting the Contract and Sales team as needed
- Sales Day duties as assigned
- Records keeping and filing
- Ability to move from task to task as needed